Ah, funness. Megan came over today, we played Risk (I suffered a slow and painful defeat - I really suck at rolling dice) and watched Dragon Half (for the second time this week). Ah, nothing like hiding in the bathroom, trying to finish off a bottle of apple juice when someone is right outside the door whispering, "exlax!" *giggles* She also gave me back a book she had borrowed 3 or 4 years ago.
Megan - I suddenly feel like I'm in one of my random quiet moods.
Ade - Rubbing off on you, are I? *pauses, realizing in horror what she just said* Shit! *smacks herself over the head repeatedly while driving* You're the one rubbing off on me!
Megan - (referring to the newest Tori CD) Brown and pink just look wrong together.
Ade - Yeah, it's like girly poop.
My mom and I went shopping today, got a couple items. I also got my Strong Bad CD in the mail (Laura will be thrilled when I give her the other copy). I was listening to it while my mom was in the bank, and people outside were looking at me funny. Hehehe...
And Dude took a power dump in the corner of my mom's room today. It smelled horrifying. Yes, you needed to know that.
Another year gone by...
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
*makes kissy sounds and giggles*
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I make resolutions I don't keep them. Therefore I resolve not to make resolutions! Hah!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
don't think so
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Nana did, January 17. That was depressing. She loved cats and was a really nice lady.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the US this year
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
*glances around* Ummm... well... if this thing with Nick works out...
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory?
January 17 (Nana's death), May 17 (Moccasin came home), May 18 (my birthday, of course), late June with Alpha and Confluence, the evening of October 31 and the wee hours of November 1 (HALLOWEEN, plus another... event...), October 15 (Ben's fake birthday, plus something I won't mention here), and Thanksgiving, whenever it was
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
uhhh... not dying? Not succumbing to my own mental deterioration? Going to Alpha? Yeah, going to Alpha. Alpha is so much better than not dying.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Grades. *blows a raspberry*
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got lots of kitty-scratches and got a cold or two... that's about it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'd say a battery charger. Those things come in handy.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Hmmm... not mine. I was kind of naughty this year... just kind of though, still mostly nice.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My sister's, as usual
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
getting the kittens!
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Hehe, "Cows With Guns"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I think I'm a bit sadder. At least I am this week. I don't know about the overall mood...
ii. thinner or fatter?
about the same
iii. richer or poorer?
depends... when I had a job, I was richer, now that I'm just spending, poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
get to know my friends better
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Age of Mythology... *hangs head*
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
at home, then the next day we're going to MA
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
at this point, I don't know. I don't think so.
23. How many one night stands?
Ehehehe... none... though there were a few awkward incidents...
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
*shrugs* rarely watch TV
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
maybe "Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher," I read it during Alpha. It made me cry.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
When did "Bend it like Beckham" come out? I liked that. And "Pirates of the Caribbean"
31. What did you do on your birthday?
opened presents, cuddled my new kitten :)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
if I was willing to take risks and be more, uh, aggressive-ish
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
still going for that super sexy jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, and sneakers getup... ooh baby...
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
maybe that gay marriage issue
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
the new Alphans!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Sometimes you just have to suck up your fears and do stuff. That's what I *need* to do...
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated..."