In other news, fondue party = incentive to clean apartment. I should have parties more often. Next week, there will be a party in Ade's room so she'll take care of all the junk on the floor. Actually, a party in my room would be a bad idea, since the only seats are my computer chair and bed. Plus, I just know someone would offer beer to my rats, and I don't want them getting plastered and pooping in
It kind of annoys me when I'm reading things that science/psychology-inclined people write, and they complain that their rats bite them. Most domesticated rats don't bite if you treat them well. They might nibble your fingers gently, especially if you recently handled food, but they only bite when they feel threatened or they get a bit too enthusiastic about a piece of food you're handing them and get your fingers instead. So if you're wondering why your rats bite you, maybe you should put yourself in their place. If some giant creature kept you in a cage, fed you the same food pellets every day, performed experiments on you that are often painful (depending on the experiment), and handled you roughly, you'd bite them too. My rats don't bite because they know I'm nice, and I spoil them rotten. Although I wouldn't mind performing harmless psychological experiments on them, like making a maze and timing how long it takes them to find the peanuts.
I feel the need to advertise Alpha here, even though I'm preaching to the choir, half the people who read this went to or were involved with Alpha, and most of the rest are too old. But Alpha is bliss, just ask almost anyone who's ever gone.
1. How tall are you barefoot?
somewhere around 4'9"
2. Have you ever gone sailing?
yeah, but I don't find it as thrilling as my dad does
3. Do you own a gun?
a BB gun at home... I like riflery, it's fun shooting at paper targets. I'm unusually good at it too (my grandma was Utah state rifle champion back in her day, so sharpshooting seems to be hereditary).
4. What was the last DVD you watched?
probably "Rent" a couple weeks ago
5. Would you ever "do" someone in their parents bed?
I think that's kind of disrespectful. I let my Sims do it, but in real life that's kind of... eww.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
veggie hot dogs are actually decent, I like them better than the meat ones
7. What's your favorite kind of chip?
Pringles, either cheese or sour cream and onion
8. What do you prefer to drink at night?
9. Do you do push-ups?
I've always had trouble with them and other physical things that most people can accomplish, even when I was in good shape. I can't do push-ups, pull-ups, backbends, or splits. I can lift someone heavier than me or walk on a balance beam, but my body just doesn't cooperate with certain activities.
10. Have you ever done ecstasy?
11. Are you vegan?
no, I'm just a rather relaxed vegetarian (I just don't eat animal flesh - dairy and eggs are ok, and I'll occasionally cheat in small amounts if I really want some sushi or something)
12. Do you like the circus?
meh, it's ok, I just like the animals
13. Do you ever call people with your number blocked?
I hate it when people do that to me, so no, and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know how to do that
14. Do you own a pair of jumper cables?
15.Do you dust?
16. Have you ever been in a wedding?
yes, I was a flower girl a couple times and a bridesmaid once. I HATED being a bridesmaid, mostly because of the girly things (I had to wear a tight, revealing dress with a corset since I'm fat, uncomfortable shoes, makeup, and hair stuff - I hate girly stuff like that), and my dad wouldn't let me decline.
17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
1. I'll never be a bridesmaid again unless I get to wear something reasonable and minimal hair/makeup junk... damn you, Dad, I don't care if it's an honor if it makes me absolutely miserable!
2. I wonder what it is about the cheese they have at Compadres that makes my stomach feel funny, and why certain kinds of ice cream provoke that same feeling
3. I need to research astral projection as a means of divine travel (story research, weeeee)
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
1. a bean burrito, rice, and iced tea at Los Compadres
2. a loaf of herb/asiago cheese bread and two pieces of cheese pizza from Creative Crusts at the market house
3. a ton of food and some cutlery for the fondue party (Nick had been harassing me for ages about the cheap, dull knives I got at Big Lots, and we needed a good bread knife, so I bought a decent set of knives)
19. Name five drinks you regularly drink:
1. iced tea
2. apple juice
3. root beer
4. hot tea
20. What time did you wake up today?
around 12:30 or so
21. Current hair?
a few inches past my shoulders, straight, and kind of a golden brownish color... I should dye it purple again, while I still have the chance
22. Current worry?
I have to work on a couple knitting projects - either deadlined or I told the recipient I'd have them done soon - in the next few days
23. Current hate?
my stomach's apparent intolerance for whatever chemical is in that particular cheese
24. Favorite place to be?
my room, in all its squalorific glory
25. Least favorite place to be?
the doctor's office
27. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
28. What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years?
writing kick-ass novels and having a large fan base of 12-16-year-old girls who follow me around at events and write bad fanfic about my characters... wait, who do I think I am, Tamora Pierce?
29. Do you burn or tan?
30. Last thing you ate?
see question 18.1
31. Last wet thing you touched?
water coming out of the sink
32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
I had a Mike's and some Pucker in generic lemon-lime soda like a week ago.
33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't sing in the shower
35. What's in your pockets right now?
keys, portable USB drive, cell phone, wallet, pencil, and pocket calendar thingy... I always have so much stuff in my pockets, it looks like I have giant tumors on my hips
36. Last thing that made you laugh?
see the link at the beginning of the entry
37. Last thing you drank?
38. Worst injury you've ever had?
breaking my collarbone when I was 1 1/2 (so that's why you're not supposed to jump on the bed...)
39. What are your dreams like?
very bizarre, often filled with themes like trying to go somewhere and feeling really slowed down, driving and trying to brake in time but having trouble reaching the pedal (yeah, go ahead and laugh at my shortness - at least I don't have this problem in real life), and what should happen in my stories (sometimes I actually use snippets from dreams)
41. Have you ever played horseshoes?
a couple times
42. Who is your most silent friend?
Lauren and Nicole don't usually say much, but they're very amusing characters
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
I only know of one person at the moment, but I'd rather not be involved with him. Nobody else has spoken up recently, but perhaps that's a good thing
44. Do you like oatmeal?
45. What's the first thing you do when you get to work?
take off my shoes and say hi to Francesca
46. What is your favorite candy?
49. What song do you want played at your funeral?
"Happy Phantom" by Tori Amos
50. What were you doing at 12 o'clock last night?
probably playing The Sims 2