D always has the best surveys.
1. You're Infected. Your Myspace Top 8 has the cure. One must die. Who goes?
This question barely makes any sense, but if I had to kill off one of my top 8 (I don't see how "top 8" status even matters)... I don't know. *looks to actually see who's on her top 8* Oh, but I like all those people! Screw it. I'll die infected... with whatever I have.
2. What Myspace friend knows the REAL you best?
I don't know, probably Rose.
3.Describe a typical Sunday for you:
sleeping until lunch, not eating lunch unless Mom bugs me to eat, showering, playing Runescape, maybe a little writing or knitting, having dinner, playing Runescape, cleaning the rat cage (Monday is trash day), and going to bed (tomorrow will be more exciting than that - it's PUMPKIN DAY, and we're making/eating all sorts of pumpkin foods with the Ziffs!)
4. What routines do you follow when you wake up?
put off waking up as long as possible, go to the bathroom, brush my hair, check email/comics/etc., and shower
5. If alcohol was banned worldwide, what would your reaction be?
What, no more delicious Mai Tais? The outrage! And then I'd make a fortune bootlegging moonshine. Or something.
6. When was the last time you cried?
7. Your CD collection is going to be repossessed. You may keep one.
Go die. Seriously, just die. Um... probably Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
8. Do you believe world peace is possible?
not with political structures the way they are right now
9. I'm a genie. Name your wish.
GIVE ME A GOOD JOB DOING EDITING OR SOMETHING, WITH DECENT HOURS, AT LEAST 30K A YEAR, AND REASONABLE COWORKERS. What, I only get one wish? If I had a GOOD genie, my other two would be: the ability to fly, and a pony (hey, everyone wants a pony)
10. Name one thing about the OPPOSITE sex that automatically turns you off.
real beefiness (I mean, having muscles is one thing, but looking like a football player or bodybuilder is just unattractive to me)
11. Name one thing about the SAME sex that automatically turns you off.
Why oh WHY do so many girls wear thongs? Gross!
12. Speaking of SAME sex, what do you think of Brokeback Mountain?
It was ok, kind of slow-moving and long, but interesting at times. Why are gay love stories always so depressing? Either someone dies or they break up when they were meant to be together, or both.
13. What popular phrase do you find to be incredibly annoying?
"that's so gay"
15. Leatherface is in the kitchen. Will you fight to victory, or hide?
Leatherface? You mean, like those 70-year-old women who wear bikinis at the beach and have the most horrible-looking tans? If one of those ladies is in my kitchen, I'm going to hide. And call 911 and ask to speak to a dermatologist.
16. Do you feel that people underestimate you?
No, people seem to think I'm destined for greatness, when I'm really too lazy to even attempt it. But then again, I may surprise myself.
17. When you're in a bad mood, what will always put you in a better mood?
jumping on a trampoline or eating apple pie
18. Honestly, do you talk about Myspace in real life?
only occasionally, if it's something interesting and relevant
19. Have you met someone online in person?
I met most of the Alphans online before I met them in person, and I've met a couple people I knew online first (always friends-of-friends or involved in something with me, never just someone I randomly met online)
20. When it comes to cybersex, are you game?
I don't find cybersex very thrilling.
21. Do you believe minimum wage should be raised?
22. If someone at a bar gives you "the look" how do you respond to it?
assume they're looking at whoever I'm with or get confused and creeped out
23. Desperation happens. Do you take advantage of desperate people?
24. Pretend you're 15 deep in beers. Describe what you would be doing now?
Ewww, beer is gross. Can it be Mike's instead. Well, if I'm not dead, I'm in horrible condition and in the hospital.
25. Sometimes people get depressed. Are you the one they turn to?
26. Describe your "style".
HA, I have a "style." Um... loose t-shirt, usually with something amusing on it, a gray hoodie, and loose pants (usually jeans or something like that). And funky socks.
28. Love and Sex go together. Would you have sex if no love was involved?
29. Does everyone in your life know the real you?
There are many sides of Ade, and they're all real. Nobody really gets the complete picture, but what they see is real
30. What is something you're afraid of?
invasive medical procedures
1. Do You snore?
only a little, if I'm sick
2. Are you a lover or a fighter?
I'm not much of a lover, and I like cool weaponry, so I guess that makes me a fighter, though I usually only fight for fun and not to resolve anything
3. What's your worst fear?
probably being touched in unpleasant ways
4. As a kid, were you a Lego maniac?
not really, but I've always loved Legos
5. Do you like to have your neck kissed?
everyone knows I can't STAND to have my neck touched in any way, more than almost any other part of my body
6. Do you chew on your straws?
no, that makes it hard to drink
7. Were you a cute baby?
yeah, I always stuck my tongue out for pictures
8. What color is your mouse?
9. What color is your keyboard?
10. Do you sing in the shower?
11. Have you ever bungee jumped?
12. Have any secrets?
13. Ideal vacation spot?
somewhere remote and interesting, with lots of fields, hills, ruins, and ponds
14. Do you think Jay Leno is funny?
16. Have you seen Donnie Darko?
a few times
17. Do you care about the ozone?
yes, I know it's important, but there's not much I can do about it besides not use aerosol cans
18. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
I don't know, I'm more of a sucker than a licker (shut up, you perverts)
19. Can you sing the alphabet backwards?
yes (thanks to one of those Wee Sing videos I used to have)
20. Have you ever been on an airplane?
so many times, I have the safety video memorized, and Katie and I are always entertained by the guy blowing into the tubes on the life vest
21. Are you an only child?
I was for the first 6 1/2 years of my life, and then it all went downhill from there
22. Do you prefer electric or manual pencil sharpener?
manual, but I usually use mechanical pencils
23. What's your stand on hunting?
if that's what you want to do, go for it, as long as you're safe and eat the animal afterwards
24. Is marriage in your future?
I don't think so
25. Do you like your handwriting?
26. What are you allergic to?
scallops, dust mite poop, rats (when they crawl on my skin, their little nails leave swollen bumps that itch terribly for an hour or two, so I try to wear long sleeves when handling them), probably other things too
27. When was the last time you said, "I love you"?
29. Do you cry at weddings?
30. How do you like your eggs?
31. Are blondes dumb?
32. Where does the other sock end up?
on the other foot
33. What time is it?
holy crap, 3:40 am
34. Do you have a nickname?
Frances P. Knuckleschmiter
35. Is McDonalds disgusting?
I know McDonalds is a horrible corporation that has many evil aspects, but their french fries are delicious, and I don't care if they put beef flavoring in them
37. Do you prefer showers or baths?
showers, the water feels nice on my back
38. Is Santa Claus real?
40. Are you afraid of the dark?
41. What are you addicted to?
video games and yarn
42. Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
crunchy, but creamy is ok too
43. Can you crack your neck?
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE CRACK THINGS! I was watching "Bunty Aur Babli" (a Bollywood film) tonight, and this police officer kept cracking his neck, and it drove me nuts!
44. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
I doubt it
46. Is drug free the way to be?
47. Are you a heavy sleeper?
yep... sometimes it's hard for me to fall asleep, but once I'm asleep, I'm out
48. What color are your bed sheets?
50. Do you like your life?
not the way it is right now, but in general it's decent
51. Is your name Alan?
it was for like an hour at Confluence this year (Zan is probably the only one who knows what I'm talking about)
52. Are you psychic?
sort of, there are some weird psychic-ish things that seem to run in the family
53. Have you read "catcher in the rye"?
yeah, but I found the main character pathetic, and the story wasn't fun
54. Do you play any instruments?
55. Have you ever stolen money?
sort of, but this was a very long time ago, and it wasn't much
56. Can you snowboard?
57. Do you like camping?
it's fine, but if there isn't sufficient cushioning, I can't sleep well because my shoulders and hips ache too much, and I wake up sore and grumpy
58. Do you snort when you laugh?
occasionally, and that just makes me laugh harder
59. Do you believe in magic?
60. Are dogs man's best friend?
sometimes, but I tend to identify with cats more than dogs
62. Can you do the moonwalk?
63. What was the last thing you ate?
INDIAN FOOD!!!!!!!!! My dad and I went to India Garden and had samosas, naan, palak paneer, and aloo gobi. Fantastic.
66. Do you wear nail polish?
67. Wish you could live somewhere else?
yes, I want my own place!
68. What's the most annoying TV commercial?
Do you or someone you know have this obscure, horrible disease? Blame someone else, and we'll help you sue them and take all their money!
69. Would you ever die for a little kid?
it would depend on who that little kid was
70. Favorite band at the moment?
I don't know
71. Who did this survey before you?
1. what were you for halloween last year?
2. did you attend any halloween partys?
yeah, I went to a couple
3. Ever play the ouija?
yeah, when I was 10 or 11, I played it at my friend's house and invoked the spirit of Reba McIntyre, who isn't dead.
4. Ever make contact with a spirit?
not really, I was just being silly
5. Do you know how to use tarot cards?
yeah, but I need the manual for reference
6. Best halloween memory?
trick-or-treating with my friends in high school, especially the year I wore the bikini apron (I'll have to fish that picture out and post it sometime)
7. ever attened a halloween ball?
8. what are you being this year?
a Red Hat Society lady!
9. Have a halloween party this year?
10. Ever see a ghost?
not really, though I've felt the presence of ghosts sometimes
11. ever sleep in a graveyard?
12. have ghost stories?
13. do u believe in ghosts?
14. believe in vampires?
16. do u believe the dead can come back?
apparently there's some disease carried by insects in some third world country that can actually reanimate the dead for a little while, so yes
17. favorite halloween song?
This is Halloween, this is Halloween, HALLOWEEN! HALLOWEEN! Halloween! Halloween!
18. best costume you've ever seen?
oh boy, I don't know
19. if you have children, what will they be this year?
20. do you still trick or treat?
I haven't for about 5 years now, but I want to this year
21. do u hand out candy?
I did for a couple years when I lived in the Brooks complex and the kids would come around and trick-or-treat (it made me feel old though, and I wanted to join them)
22. Favorite halloween movie?
The Nightmare Before Christmas
23. favorite halloween candy?
I like getting chips, actually
24. ever fill a pillow sack while trick or treating as a child?
25. ever tp?
26. egg anything, or anyone?
27. going egging this year?
28. ever steal lawn ornaments?
29. age you stopped trick or treating?
the last time was 18, but I haven't "stopped"
30. do you wish you could still trick or treat?
I plan to do it again, even though I'm old
31. do you decorate for halloween?
I don't really decorate much, but I always carve a pumpkin. Alas, Ben and I won't be able to resurrect Cyclor together this year, but I'll carve him anyway.
32. have a fog machine?
33. do you give out good candy, or the cheap dollar store junk?
the good stuff, so I don't get stuck with crappy leftovers
34. house ever get egged or tp'ed?
I think last year or the year before, someone pitched eggs at my parents' house, and one hit a few feet from my window
35. ever had your car egged?
36. ever egg a car?
37. ever smash pumpkins?
38. have a pumpkin in your yard smashed?
39. do you cook halloween themed food?
40. worst halloween costume that you had?
a doctor, when I was 5 or 6
41. best Halloween costume you had?
the Curious George costume my mom made, that I wore when I was around 3-5, but it stopped fitting me when I was 7