Swiped from D, provider of endless amusing surveys and fabulousness.
An "Adult" Survey : PART I
STATE YOUR AGE FOR THE RECORD: I'll be 24 in a few weeks
1. Do you have a college degree?
Yeah, I have a BA in English, creative writing. Weee.
2. What was the amount of your last electric bill?
I don't know, I haven't received one since last May (but I will after I move)
3. Do you have life insurance?
Nah, I don't need it. I'm young, single, and child-free. Nobody is going to be hit hard financially if I die.
4. How many hours per week do you work?
5. Have you ever attended a Toastmasters event?
6. Favorite place to attend Happy Hour?
I'm not one for happy hour, but I like the Penny Bar
7. How many miles is your commute to work each day (one way)?
a few miles, I don't know, it's around a 7 minute drive
8. What time do you get up every morning for work?
9. What is your definition of sleeping in late?
lying in bed for what feels like hours, drifting in and out of sleep, and finally rolling out of bed
10. Do you check your cholesterol on a yearly basis?
no idea what my cholesterol is, and I'd rather not make myself a hypochondriac, thankyouverymuch
11. How large was your first cellular phone?
It's roughly 4 inches long
12. Does your employer provide good health insurance?
I guess, but I'm on a different plan that's much cheaper and just provides barebones service (it's a safety net, since I'm relatively healthy and tend to avoid doctors unless absolutely necessary)
13. Did you use the internet to write a research paper?
14. Have you attended a HS reunion?
Nah, I didn't feel like sitting at the bar watching people I barely talked to get shitfaced
15. Why do you think people delete questions?
they either don't want to answer them, or the questions suck... like this one
16. What is your favorite nonalcoholic drink?
17. What is the most expensive bottle of wine that you have in your residence?
I don't know, none of the wine here belongs to me since I don't drink it
18. Have you been divorced?
never been married to begin with
19. How old were you when you stopped getting ID'd for Alcohol?
I get carded off and on, but I look 18-ish, so I'll probably get carded until menopause (I'll totally appreciate it then, and all my Red Hat Society friends will be jealous)
20. Favorite casino?
I think gambling is a waste of time/money
21. Are you happier now than you were in high school?
I guess, since I'm approaching my biggest goal ever of being completely independent
22. Did you ever have Hyper color shirts?
is this one of those things I'm either too young to remember or never knew about because I wasn't one of the cool kids?
23. Do you remember when Michael Jackson was black and attracted to older people?
24. Do you remember when MTV actually played music videos?
yeah, and my parents cut that channel because I liked it and they didn't want me being happy and watching shallow things that might corrupt me or somethingorother
25. Have you had a will made?
sort of - I partially filled one out online, I just need to change some stuff, print it, and have it signed or whatever. I don't expect to die in the next few years, but I'll have one made just in case, so I can blow a big raspberry at the government from beyond the grave
26. What music was in your cd / cassette player when you were 16?
Tori Amos, Alanis Morrissette, Hanson, Third Eye Blind, probably some techno, and other stuff
27. How long has it been since you attended a kegger?
I've never actually been to one, really
28. How many times have you driven home drunk?
never - I won't drive or get in the car with someone who's had more than one drink (maaaaaybe two if we've had a meal and were there a long time)
29. How many major wars have you lived through?
that would probably depend on how you'd define "major," and I wouldn't really know, so I'm going to say two (that whole Desert Storm thing and Bush's current ongoing game of Risk)
30. Where were you when you found out about 9-11?
Sitting in my freshman seminar. Someone turned on the TV, and I wasn't really watching, but I knew something was happening with the World Trade Center, and I figured it was getting bombed again or something. Then someone turned it off so we could have class, and all was forgotten. After my classes, I went back to my room. The halls were eerily quiet except for the sounds of TVs in everyone's room. I was putzing around in my room when Carrie (my roommate) burst in, demanded to know why the TV wasn't on (I thought she was asking because sometimes I'd watch Maury or old sitcoms), turned it on, and promptly left to go talk to someone else. It then sunk in what was happening, and I just sat there staring at the TV thinking that all hell was breaking loose. So I went online and started talking to as many people as I could (one was a cyber friend from Pakistan who had no idea this was happening and took offense when I mentioned that the government suspected the middle east was involved). It was a very weird day. Brooks was silent during lunch time except for the news radio, and the usually happy lunch lady was crying. Damn you, terrorists, for making my favorite lunch lady cry. Damn you all.
31. What bill do you hate paying the most?
probably the gas bill in the winter, it can get jaw-droppingly horrible
32. Where's the best place to eat a romantic dinner?
I don't know, maybe on the couch so you can commence the makeouts after dessert? I'm not a romantic.
33. Last time you puked from drinking?
34. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
35. Name of your 1st grade teacher?
Mrs. Scott (I didn't particularly like her, but at least she had me reading chapter books while everyone else was learning to read.)
36. What do you really want to be doing right now?