1. Do you like chinese food?
Gotta have my bee drop soup and flied lice. Wo xihuan chi Zhongguo fan!
2. How big is your bed?
full (and comfy!)
3. Is your room clean?
4. Laptop or Desktop computer?
I swing both ways... desktop at work (plus my old computer), laptop at home
5. Favorite comedian?
Oh, probably Charlie Chaplin... I laughed so hard when watching "City Lights" for film class that I thought I'd get kicked out of the library.
6. Do you smoke?
7. Does anyone like you?
Well, in the platonic sense, I'm sure a lot of people do. In the middle school sense... apparently a few of my male friends and acquaintances seem to see me in an interesting light, which I do not understand. Really, don't you people have standards? I sit around playing video games when I'm not at work, I have an aversion to most physical contact, I pay more attention to my cats than my friends, I get annoyed if someone calls me more than 3 times a week (unless it's about plans we've made or something), and my interpersonal communication skills are terrible. Plus, I apparently have a hard time distinguishing between friendly conversation and flirting, which means I'm also pretty much oblivious to someone's feelings until they actually start overtly hitting on me, which is just... weird. I'm a good friend and interesting person and all, but trust me, you'll be wasting your time if you see me any other way.
8. Whats the sexiest thing about Condoleeza Rice?
I'm sorry, I can't help but grin every time I see/hear that name. If you've ever read/heard Nick's story with "Condoleeza Rice" used as a verb, you'll know why. But I don't find that verb particularly sexy.
10. Sleep with or without clothes on?
I like pajamas.
11. Who sleeps with you every night?
it's just me
12. Do long distance relationships work?
I wouldn't know. But from what I've seen in others, it depends. If you can work out a strong, healthy relationship without being physically close, good for you. But if things aren't working out so great, like if you're constantly fighting, having communication problems, someone is cheating or very tempted to cheat, etc., I doubt that your relationship would work in the long run, even if you lived closer. Plus, people do drift apart. It really depends on the strength of the relationship in general, and going long-distance just tests it.
13. How many times have you been pulled over by the police?
Just once, while driving back from Boston with Rose, singing along to "The Tango Maureen." I didn't get a ticket, but I always drive very cautiously while listening to that song now.
14. Pancakes or French Toast?
My dad's pancakes are my favorite.
15. Do you like coffee?
no, unless you add liberal amounts of chocolate (I do like the smell, and I like coffee ice cream, just not the beverage - way too bitter)
16. How do you like your eggs?
[obligatory "unfertilized" comment] I like fried eggs and omelets
17. Do you believe in astrology?
Eh, the vast majority of it is made up for entertainment purposes... my preferred divination methods are tarot cards and fortune cookies
18. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Diane (at work) asking which days I'm taking off next week
19. Last person on your missed call list?
20. What was the last text message you received?
Katie asking if I got her previous text (I don't like texting, mainly because it costs extra, so I very rarely use it)
21. McDonalds or Burger King?
Well, McDonald's has the best fries (even if they do have beef flavoring), but Burger King has a decent veggie burger... I'm going to say McDonald's because they have the best playgrounds, even if I'm not supposed to go in them any more...
22. Number of pillows?
I think there are 3 on my bed and roughly half a dozen between the living room and craft room
23. Last thing you ate?
leftover tomato-vodka florentine from Atria's, iced tea, and half a pumpkin spice granola bar
24. Last thing you bought?
a cat litter box (to put under the smaller rat cage - haven't heard back from the landlord regarding if it's ok to get a cat) and some silverware
25. What are you hearing right now?
people talking in one of the offices down the hall
26. Pick a lyric?
This is a question? I'll pick a lyric? Ok? Well, I currently have "As I Am" by Miley Cyrus stuck in my head? "Gonna stay in bed today, 'cause I can't stand the light?"
27. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
jelly tends to give me heartburn, but I'll go with raspberry
28. Can you play pool?
I *can* but not well
29. Do you know how to swim?
yeah, but I rarely do it
30. Favorite ice cream?
31. Do you like maps?
32. Tell me a random fact:
Chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans are apes, not monkeys. Humans are apes too.
33. Ever had a hard on at work?
Well, I can honestly say I haven't. In fact, I've never had a hard on.
34. Ever attend a theme party?
at one time or another... not in a while though
35. Ever do a keg stand?
no, and beer is gross
36. Craziest place you've slept after a night of drinking?
I don't drink much, and when I do, it's almost always in moderation, so probably my own bed... woohoo.
37. What is your favorite season?
38. What is the first music video you ever saw?
I really don't remember... probably Madonna or something
39. Pick a movie quote:
"Fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave."
40. Favorite quote:
"It's the ginormous Jesus penis in my heart!"
41. What is your favorite hangout?
uh... my room
42. Best friend's name?
I don't really have a best friend, more like a few close friends, with a couple kind of permanently stuck at the top
43. How long have you known them?
44. Last time you laughed at something stupid?
I laugh at stupid stuff all the time... probably last night
[Of course, as soon as I typed that, my coworker came in with her baby, and she was trying to get him to say "hi" or boo," and I kind of laughed at that]
45. What time did you wake up this morning?
My alarm went off at 6:30, and I kept pressing the snooze button until 7, as usual
46. Wake up next to anyone?
47. Best thing about winter?
building snow sculptures and throwing snowballs at people
48. Name a couple of favorite colors:
green... no, blue! Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!
49. How old are you?
50. What month is your birthday in?
51. Do you think pirates are cool or overrated?
Pirates rock my socks.
52. Favorite Dave Matthews Band song (if you have one?)
I'm not a fan, thankyouverymuch, especially after having to listen to DMB at camp, and having two roommates who played DMB all the time.
53. What are you doing this weekend?
I think I'm going to go see the Bodies exhibit, and I'll probably do a bunch of last-minute shopping.
1) DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR
Hehehe, I have to say Rose and Ben, after that night of craziness
2) LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend) -
Megan and Sarah
3) NEWCOMER AWARD - COOLEST NEWEST FRIEND?
4) HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR?
Sitting in my car with Nick in the movie theatre parking lot after seeing 300, holding my phone and shaking, saying "HOLY CRAP, I GOT A JOB!"
4) LOW POINT OF THE YEAR?
driving back from North Carolina earlier in the year, feeling like a failure at life
5) BEST HOLIDAY?
my birthday was pretty awesome, a lot of people showed up at my party (including a bunch of people I rarely see any more)
6) YOUR SONG(s) FOR 2007?
Tori Amos - Bouncing Off Clouds
Bunty Aur Babli soundtrack - Dhadak Dhadak
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Hannah Montana - Best of Both Worlds
7) MOVIE FOR 2007?
Of the new movies I saw, probably POTC3 with Transfomers a close second.
10) WHO DID YOU SPEND VALENTINES WITH?
probably my family... woohoo
11) BEST RELATIONSHIP?
I think of all my friendships, this year my friendship with Ben was the best, as it sort of "grew" the most
12) WHAT WERE YOU FOR HALLOWEEN
I just walked around in my black medieval tunic... nothing too exciting. I was going to let my sister dress me up all girly, but I got lazy, and we never went shopping.
13) BAR OF THE YEAR?
Oh, the Penny Bar, even though I only went a couple times
14) BOOK OF THE YEAR?
Well duh, the final Harry Potter book
15) BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR?
my new mattress... so happy... bye bye insomnia
16) WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR?
working, possibly going to Denmark, Confluence, Pennsic, Vermont... mostly just working though.
17) MOST STUPID IDEA WHEN DRUNK
going along with Rose's stupid card game
18) TV SHOW OF THE YEAR?
19) MOST LOYAL FRIEND?
hmmm... maybe Ben
20) BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR?
being employed for once
21) BIGGEST douchebag OF THE YEAR AWARD?
Uh... I really don't want to answer this. I'm keeping that to myself.
22) NEW YEAR RESOLUTION?
I avoid making those, because I always break them. I *should* start getting some form of exercise though, and get out more.
1.How old are you in 1980?
I was just a twinkle in my mommy's eye...
2. How old were you in 1989?
3. Were you a Toys R' Us kid?
4. Did you watch Transformers?
I only remember the commercials and thinking "Hey, those are cool! I want one!" But I didn't actually get one until this year.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen?
I don't think so.
6. Did you own a Lite Bright?
I got one like 6 years ago. It's cool.
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl?
8. When someone says " Who you gonna call? " You think?
9.What was your favorite toy?
probably my stuffed animals, and I've always loved computer games, but Dad's computer was supposedly not a toy.
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball?
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
hehe, my friends had some of their tapes, so occasionally
12. What New Kid did you think was the coolest/have a crush on?
Donnie (I don't remember why though)
13. Did you play M.A.S.H?
yes, and I still do every now and then (the last time was while waiting for a table at The Olive Garden this year with Rose, Ben, Sarah, and Atilla)
14. Did you watch The Care Bears?
I don't remember
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets?
16. Did you have a charm necklace and/or bracelet?
I don't think so
17. Did you own a glo-worm?
I always wanted one, and all my friends had them, but noooooo, no glow worms for me.
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
yeah, I had a few, and I bought a whole bunch of them when I was 17 too
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
never seen either except a few scenes from Sixteen Candles
20. Did you have a crazy hair style?
well, my mom did cut my bangs pretty short, and I have a hardcore cowlick, so they looked terrible
21. What was your first bike?
I had a red tricycle that Grandpa bought me, it was awesome.
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood?
The yellow chair! I think it was my great-grandmothers. My dad fed me in it when I was a baby, my first memory is a dream I had when I was a toddler where an alien came in through the garage and sat in the yellow chair, I used to do headstands on it, and I'm just attached to the thing. I think my family was more than eager to let me take it though, as it's old and kind of ugly.
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?
My Nana's friend gave me a Cabbage Patch Kid named Maggie. That's actually where the name of my story character came from - when I created her about 9 years ago, I was thinking of a name and just thought of the doll.
24. Did you dress like Madonna?
goodness no, unless Madonna wore the rather hideous clothes my mother liked to make me wear (the dresses that looked like they were made from an old lady's curtains, the suspenders, the ruffled socks... yikes)
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
26. Did you watch Miami Vice?
27. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes?
I had some pink ones, I think
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
29. Atari or Nintendo?
I liked Nintendo, but I never had one (I got a Game Boy when I was 9 though)
30. Did you play Pac-Man?
whenever it was free
31. Which was better: Jem and The Holograms or Barbie and The Rockers!?
I wasn't into either
32. He-Man or She-Ra?
I didn't watch those
33. What movie scared you the most?
I remember channel-surfing and seeing the scene from "Little Shop of Horrors" where Seymour is at the dentist, and that really freaked me out. It wasn't until I saw the whole movie as a teenager that I realized where the scene had come from, but it didn't freak me out any more. I do love that movie.
34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson?
uh, that wasn't until the early '90s... fail.