If you found out you only had six months left to live, what would you do with the rest of your life? Do you have a "bucket list"?
First, I would stop working. If I only have six months left, I'm not going to waste my time. I would finish my novel, self-publishing it if I had to, and spend as much time with my cats and friends as possible. Then, I'd say goodbye to everyone, find new homes for my kitties (I think that would be the hardest part for me), sell my house and almost everything else, grab a couple close friends, and spend my remaining time traveling the world. Then, on my last day of life, I would eat a cheeseburger and go to some volcano (maybe Kilauea - that'd make Pele happy) and stand at the edge until I breathed my last, and then my body would fall in and be consumed, leaving nothing behind. I guess if that's going to be my "funeral," someone has to play "Happy Phantom."
Here's a list of things I want to do before I die:
- finish and publish my novel (preferably by the time I'm 30)
- get a dog (maybe in 5 years or so)
- get a Maine Coon
- go to India, Greece, Italy, and other interesting countries with awesome food
- taste cooked human flesh (just a little bite, that's all, and yes, I know that's creepy and weird, but I'm curious to see what people taste like)
- go anti-streaking through a nudist colony (Andy and I are going to run around with our clothes on, screaming "I'm not naked!")
That's all I can really think of right now. I've already done a lot of the things I wanted to do with my life. I'm independent, I have my own house, I have awesome animals... I guess the next big goal is finishing my writing project so I feel like I've accomplished something and have something to leave behind when I'm gone.